The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act includes several expanded areas of federal benefits outside of student loans. We’ve compiled a list of helpful resources for understanding and navigating these changes for your situation.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s Guide to “Protecting your finances during the Coronavirus Pandemic”
- Coronavirus.gov, a broad set of resources compiled by the White House, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- For those who like to get into the details, the final text of the CARES Act
- The IRS’ guide to eligibility, and when and how stimulus funds will be distributed
- A helpful calculator from the Washington Post to determine the amount you’ll receive
Small Business Loans
- The U.S. Small Business Administration’s guide to Coronavirus Relief Options, including information on loans and the Paycheck Protection Program
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureaus’ round up of resources for small businesses
- The Department of Labor’s overview of unemployment insurance, including new changes and expanded benefits
- An unemployment benefits finder by CareerOneStop, sponsored by the Department of Education
Tax Deadline Extension
- The IRS deadline for filing your taxes has been extended to July 15th.
- If you’re eligible, you can file your taxes for free through the IRS.